Gravel Soil stabilization is an integral part to any roadway, railway, or load bearing construction project, as poor drainage and co-mingling of materials can lead to rapid structural disintegration and subsequent project failure. With the cost of aggregate continuing to rise, engineers and contractors are looking for a solution that will allow them to continue to provide the structurally sound results customers rely on, without having to raise their prices. Geotextiles fabrics are rapidly becoming the key component to this dilemma, as their use allows roads and other load bearing projects to be designed and installed in much the same manner as before, with the exception being that far less aggregate is required in order to accomplish the desired results. Geotextiles fabrics work by separating two layers of material that need to have sustained separation in order to co-exist in a structurally effective manner. Examples include aggregate over soil and good soil over poor soil, both of which are common occurrences in roadway and railway construction. They can help in a multitude of soil stabilization situations, as they perform many different tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Non-permanent roadways, as geotextile fabrics can be perfect for applications such as haulroads that only need to be used for a season or two.
- Maintaining soil integrity in long term projects such as road building, where it is crucial that the aggregate laid on top of the soil have a breathable and porous layer that will allow drainage yet not allow the rock to co-mingle with the soil. This, obviously, reduces the lifetime of the road and can lead to premature cracking.
- Reinforcing the soil below the geotextile fabric so as to enable it to be able to carry high tensile loads without collapsing or spreading. This is one of the key factors in how geotextiles can extend roadway and railway lifespans.
- Increasing the longevity of retaining walls by allowing the passing and transmission of liquids and gasses through the geotextile fabric itself, which lessens the impact on the wall itself.
- Reinforcement of soil in slopes of just about any slope angle so that projects with previously unmanageable slope ratios can now be accomplished with confidence.
Leiyuan Greening Solution has been helping engineers and contractors with their geotextile needs in drainage system construction for twenty years. With new software design programs available it is becoming even easier for their highly trained technicians to demonstrate exactly how they can help you with your soil stabilization needs, so contact us and get the help and the results you need.